A simple and elegant open-source markdown editor that focused on speed and usability.
Available for Linux, macOS and Windows.
Supporting Mark Text
Mark Text is an MIT licensed open source project, you will always be able to download the latest version for free from the GitHub release page. Mark Text is still in development, and its development is inseparable from all sponsors. I hope you join them:
- Become a backer or sponsor on Patreon or One time donation
- Become a backer or sponsor on Open Collective
What's the difference between Patreon and OpenCollective?
Sponsored by Patreon, it will be directly sponsored to Luo Ran (@jocs), who create Mark Text and continue to maintain Mark Text. Sponsored by Open Collective, all expenses are transparent, and these sponsorship funds will be used for the development of Mark Text. , maintenance, online and offline activities, and some of the necessary resources, whether sponsored by Patreon or Open Collective, your name or company logo will appear in Mark Text's readme and official website.
- Realtime preview (WYSIWYG) and a clean and simple interface to get a distraction-free writing experience.
- Support CommonMark Spec and GitHub Flavored Markdown Spec.
- Markdown extensions such as math expressions (KaTeX), front matter and emojis.
- Support paragraphs and inline style shortcuts to improve your writing efficiency.
- Output HTML and PDF files.
- Various themes: Cadmium Light, Material Dark etc.
- Various editing modes: Source Code mode, Typewriter mode, Focus mode.
|Graphite Light||Materal Dark|
|Ulysses Light||One Dark|
Why write another editor?
- I love writing. I have used a lot of markdown editors, yet there is still not an editor that can fully meet my needs. I don't like to be disturbed when I write by some unbearable bug. Mark Text uses virtual DOM to render pages which has the added benefits of being highly efficient and being open source. That way anyone who loves markdown and writing can use Mark Text.
- As mentioned above, Mark Text is completely free and open source and will be open source forever. We hope that all markdown lovers will contribute their own code and help develop Mark Text into a popular markdown editor.
- There are many markdown editors and all have their own merits, some have features which others don't. It's difficult to satisfy each markdown users needs but we hope Mark Text will be able to satisfy each markdown users' needs as much as possible. Although the latest Mark Text is still not perfect, we will try to make it as best as we possibly can.
Download and Install
Want to see new features of the latest version? Please refer to CHANGELOG.
brew cask install mark-text
Simply download and install Mark Text via setup wizard (
marktext-setup-%version%.exe) and choose whether to install per-user or machine wide.
Please follow the Linux installation instructions.
If you wish to build Mark Text yourself, please check out our developer documentation.
If you have any questions regarding Mark Text, you are welcome to write an issue. When doing so please use the default format found when opening a issue. Of course, if you submit a PR directly, it will be greatly appreciated.
- Alfred Workflow: A Workflow for the macOS app Alfred: Use "mt" to open files/folder with Mark Text.
Thank you to all the people who have already contributed to Mark Text[contributors]
Special thanks to @Yasujizr who designed the logo of Mark Text.