Electronapp for platforms of macOS, Windows and Linux
- Realtime preview and use snabbdom as its render engine.
- Support CommonMark Spec and GitHub Flavored Markdown Spec.
- Support paragraphs and inline style shortcuts to improve your writing efficiency.
- Output HTML and PDF files.
- Dark and Light themes.
- Various editing modes: Source Code mode, Typewriter mode, Focus mode.
Dark and Light themes
Why write another editor?
- I love writing. I have used a lot of markdown editors, yet there is still not an editor that can fully meet my needs. I don't like to be disturbed when I write by some unbearable bug. Mark Text uses virtual DOM to render pages which has the added benefits of being highly efficient and being open source. That way anyone who loves markdown and writing can use Mark Text.
- As mentioned above, Mark Text is open source and will be open source forever. We hope that all markdown lovers will contribute their own code and help develop Mark Text into a popular markdown editor.
- There are many markdown editors and all have their own merits, some have feautures which others don't. It's difficult to satisfy each markdown users needs but we hope Mark Text will be able to satisfy each markdown users' needs as much as possible. Although the latest Mark Text is still not perfect, we will try to make it as best as we possibly can.
Download and Install
Want to see new features of the latest version? Refer to CHANGELOG
brew cask install mark-text
macOS and Windows
Simply download and install Mark Text via setup wizard.
Please follow the Linux installation instructions.
If you wish to build Mark Text yourself, please check out our developer documentation.
If you have any questions regarding Mark Text, you are welcome to write an issue. When doing so please use the default format found when opening a issue. Of course, if you submit a PR directly, it will be greatly appreciated.
- Alfred Workflow: A Workflow for the macOS app Alfred: Use "mt" to open files/folder with Mark Text.
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor]
Thank you to all our backers!
Thank you to all the people who have already contributed to Mark Text[contributors]
Special thanks to @Yasujizr who designed the logo of Mark Text.