Trilium Notes is a hierarchical note taking application with focus on building large personal knowledge bases. See screenshots for quick overview:
- Notes can be arranged into arbitrarily deep tree. Single note can be placed into multiple places in the tree (see cloning)
- Rich WYSIWYG note editing including e.g. tables and images with markdown autoformat
- Support for editing notes with source code, including syntax highlighting
- Fast and easy navigation between notes, full text search and note hoisting
- Seamless note versioning
- Note attributes can be used for note organization, querying and advanced scripting
- Synchronization with self-hosted sync server
- Strong note encryption with per-note granularity
- Relation maps for visualizing notes and their relations
- Scripting - see Advanced showcases
- Scales well in both usability and performance upwards of 100 000 notes
- Touch optimized mobile frontend for smartphones and tablets
- Night theme
- Evernote and Markdown import & export
Trilium is provided as either desktop application (Linux, Windows, Mac) or web application hosted on your server (Linux).
- If you want to use Trilium on the desktop, download binary release for your platform from latest release, unzip the package and run
- If you want to install Trilium on server, follow this page.
- Currently only recent Chrome and Firefox are supported (tested) browsers.
You can also read Patterns of personal knowledge base to get some inspiration on how you might use Trilium.
Use a browser based dev environment
Or clone locally and run
npm install npm run start